Monday, April 5, 2010

My London, London bridge

Aloha famiglia!

Two weekends ago I went to London! It was a fine trip. I got my first passport stamp!

We stayed at the Green Man Inn, on the upper west side. Leave it to Dana to pick this murder-site of a hotel. It ended up being fine, but I still peed a little when we first saw it. London was fun. The first night we went to Harrod's which is huuuuge. And waay expensive. On Saturday, we were going to go to a free tour of the city, but the english one was canceled so we ended up going to a tour given in Spanish, by our tour guide Juan Carlos ("como el rey de Espana!") He was a funny guy. We did all of the sights on saturday, as we had an early morning flight on sunday. It was fun.

On wednesday we had calcio again, and purple lost, again. I heard a rumor that the purple team is done, so I'm pretty sad about that.

On Thursday I departed for Greeeeece!!
Amazing.

First we had a 4 hour bus from Rome to the port city Ancona. After that we boarded the worst cruise ship EVER. A 14 hour ship from Italy to Greece. Oh joy. I slept on the floor and listened to bros and douchebags holler all night. Once in Greece we still had a 2 hour ferry ride to Corfu, AND another 1 hour bus ride, but after it all, it was sooo worth it.

The first day in Greece, Friday, we rented ATVs and drove up the coast! It was scary to say the least, going up narrow mountain roads, and with other Grecian traffic. We went to a small town called P-something or other. It was so cool! They had three different beaches in the one small town! On the way back to the Pink Palace (where I stayed), we stopped at a random bakery on the side of the road for some baklava and other Greek sweets. It was amazing. The owner asked me if I was related to Al Capone when he found out we were from Chicago.

Friday night was the Pink Palace Toga Partay! We wore STD-ridden togas to the resort's night club. They had fire dancing, plate smashing (one on my head!) and Ouzo drinking. It was a fun night.

On Saturday we rented Kayaks and went exploring on the Ionian sea. We ended up going to a secluded beach and laying around. On the way back I had Dana and I channel our inner Pocahontas to row faster against the waves. At one point when the Ionian was getting a bit frisky with her waves, I slapped the sea with my paddle and said "Bad girl!" This ended up screwing me over because I ended the day with a HORRIBLE sunburn, and spent saturday night and sunday recovering in bed. Oh well. I still had a blast and it was an amazing trip.

Sleeping on the floor of the cruise ship with sunburn was no treat last night, but I did it.

Always nice to be back in Rome after a long weekend away.
Budapest on Thursday!

Ciao ladies.

4 comments:

  1. my goodness you do a lot of traveling. It all sounds like so much fun! I miss you, so don't stay there forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were scared to ride an ATV, just imagine how utterly TERRIFIED you would have been jumping off a cliff. Sunburn would be the least of your worries (can you say shitting a brick?). Fun times...fun times indeed. When are you coming home? Do you want to Skype this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When do you learn and/or do homework when you're doing all this traveling?? Are you even in school any more?? It sounds like you're having soooo much fun and I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete