Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hola, Bonjour, Ciao.

SB '10!!!

For spring break I went to Madrid and Paris, and it was a grand time.

Our flight to Madrid was at 6am so we had to leave for the airport at 3. JOY. Once we were in Madrid, we were pretty out of it and tired. Not too fun the first day. The first night we had to stay in separate hostels, but the second night we were together in Cat's (which as you can imagine was nicknamed something else by us) Hostel. Dana, Deedee and I were in a room with 9 strangers. I actually liked it, they were creeped out by the other people. The first night we had a warm welcoming by two of our roommates who decided to have sex 2 yards away from us. I got to listen to a good hour of broken english/ God knows what language dirty talk. After they finished, I finally got a few hours of sleep in.

Our normal roommates were American students on Spring Break from Philly and Penn State. Ye and Jeff. They were nice, and they reminded us of some of our friends from home. I'll miss them.

Madrid was nice. Cold and rainy most of the time there, so that was pretty annoying. I enjoyed speaking Spanish, and dunkin donuts. !!! we went there 4 times. I was so glad that there was one right by our hostel. We also dined on such authentic Spanish food such as McDonalds, BurgerKing, and Turkish Kebabs.

Paris was amaaazing. A lot nicer than I thought it would be. We had a private room in the hostel, so no worries for me about sex-ing roomies. Dana and deedee were probably still creeped out by ME, but, I've become used to this.

Today I went to hear the Pope read the Gospel! It was ok. It didn't last very long, and he was waaaay up in his window, so for all I know, it could have been Nancy Reagan up there. We also went to the catacombs.

I've got a lot of homework to do so I've gotta make this short.
Ciao homie g's.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're still alive. Oh the adventures you are having! Can't wait for the postcards...

    ReplyDelete